Taqueria build

slowpogo

Built the Taqueria this weekend. The build went fine and it worked straight away. I socketed most parts just in case. The only mod was to use 100k for the Volume pot, because I already had it and it's used in other Superbolt clones...works just fine. I'm very happy with the build itself, my drilling was super accurate (for once!) and it's overall very clean.

I biased the Superbolt side of the toggle to 9-9.5V for each JFET. For the TacoBolt side I went with readings posted here and elsewhere, basically 7-7.5V, 9.5-10V, 0.5-1.0V. The JFETs are through-hole from GuitarPCB.com, from the "F" I assume they're Fairchild.

Seems to work perfectly, unfortunately in terms of the sound I'm not sure I like my results. There is a certain thickness in the mids I wasn't expecting, reminds me a bit of an OD-3 with different breakup character. Or perhaps it's just a more flat EQ, and because I'm used to scooped sounds, the mids stand out. But it's different from what I heard in the various demos of Superbolt and TacoBolt ...just not what I hoped for.

Are there any values I can play with to finesse/recess the mids a bit?

IMG_2835.jpg
IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg

Back