The Full Hundo(AionFX Calliope)

drgonzo1969

This is my build of the AionFX Calliope aka Catalinbread karma suture aka Harmonic percolator. This is a super cool fuzz with some very cool sounds. I built the germanium version. For the art on this pedal I used some “gold” $100 bills from Amazon and cut them up and glued them to the enclosure with spray adhesive. I did a layer of gold sparkle spray paint under the dollar bills to give them a shiny backdrop. This was also my first attempt at epoxy. Never again haha. My goal was to have a nice even epoxy layer over all sides of the pedal… I had no idea how difficult it would be to get it to even look OK. So after applying epoxy in stages on each side I had to go back and sand down all the spots that were uneven and polish it back up to clear. Huge pain in the ass but I really wanted this to work. It turned out ok but not the desired look. The pedal sounds awesome but I didn’t quite get where I was trying to go with the epoxy. Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpeg
    IMG_1284.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1290.jpeg
    IMG_1290.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    560.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 53
This pedal's the money.

I've taken note, and already have some ideas on counterfeiting your build.

I had/have a Muff build I want to put the Canadian nickel onto it somehow. That's about right, given the exchange rate.

Even doing the backing plate, wow, such detail!

Curious cat that I am...
Why the C-note for this particular circuit?

This pedal's the money.

I've taken note, and already have some ideas on counterfeiting your build.

I had/have a Muff build I want to put the Canadian nickel onto it somehow. That's about right, given the exchange rate.

Even doing the backing plate, wow, such detail!

Curious cat that I am...
Why the C-note for this particular circuit?
Honestly, it was because the hundred dollar bill looked better than the rest that came in the set. It came with a million dollar bill that also looked pretty cool but the C-note looked best. If I ever do another enclosure like this one I may end up putting the Milli on there

Edit: haha the Million dollar bill is on the faceplate. I just noticed. but the hundred dollar bill is on the front side. twenty on the back.

Back