The General (Cornish Multi-effect)

dan.schumaker

So with all the Cornish hate going on, I wanted to finish up this multi I had kicking around for a while. In a fit of "whats something dumb I could do?", I decided that it could be kinda fun to make a multi-effect with only Cornish pedals in it... so here it is! I call it The General!

First in the chain is the OC-1 Compressor, which feeds into a G2 Fuzz. I never really got the G2 when I've tried to build it before. I pulled some old 1n34A's I had that seemed to match the forward voltages that people seem to mention worked well, and man, I get it now! That fuzz can really growl. You get some whiffs of the Big Muff its based on, but its definitely something all of its own. From there, it heads into a SS-3 and then into the CC-1. I have always been a fan of the SS-3, and I like it in here too. The CC-1 is also good for some more tone shaping. All of this finishes up with a ST-2 boost. There is not a whole lot of gain going on with it, but being able to really tweak the sound at the end of the chain is pretty versatile. All in all, its a pretty cool unit. If you want a simple grab-and-go drive section, this would work really well. It will go well with an only-modulation multi I am planning on.

And yes, I know you are all wondering, this pedal is buffered to high heaven. 5 different buffers all on at the same time. I could probably run a 1000' cable with no treble loss!
The-General_1.jpg

The-General_2.jpg

Back