DEMO The JTEX Rock Engine on a Breadboard

This post contains an audio or video demo

JTEX

Somebody was complaining in another thread about a lack of demos, something along the lines of "if you don't put up a demo, your pedal is shite, or you can't play, or both". Paraphrasing heavily here, but anyhoo, it inspired me to get off my butt and make a video demo.

Behold the JTEX Rock Engine. Or The Board Formerly Known As RockBrain, and Shockman Before That. All you need apart from it, at a minimum, is a breadboard, one cap, 3 or 4 resistors, maybe a pot or three, and some jacks. At the other end, it can be as complicated as my Rock Mania pedal (may it rest in eternal peace and glory). Trust me, you don't want to go there. But it CAN be made far easier with the same functionality. You just need a bigger enclosure to start with.

Last edited:
Somebody was complaining in another thread about a lack of demos, something along the lines of "if you don't put up a demo, your pedal is shite, or you can't play, or both". Paraphrasing heavily here, but anyhoo, it inspired me to get off my butt and make a video demo.

Behold the JTEX Rock Engine. Or The Board Formerly Known As RockBrain, and Shockman Before That. All you need apart from it, at a minimum, is a breadboard, one cap, 3 or 4 resistors, maybe a pot or three, and some jacks. At the other end, it can be as complicated as my Rock Mania pedal (may it rest in eternal peace and glory). Trust me, you don't want to go there. But it CAN be made far easier with the same functionality. You just need a bigger enclosure to start with.

Cool Demo, that should keep them at bay for at least 5 minutes!

The post I mentioned wasn't about me. It was generally about much talk about various pedals and not enough demos. But somehow it made me feel like making one. You never know what inspires you... For example, I don't know why, but the sound I got out of the breadboard made me want to play that Scorps song.

Back