Thinking about taking a deep dive into digital

The Petal is cool, but way too big format for my pedal board. I'm aiming to cram mine into the 1590B enclosure size, single foot switch, 4 knobs. Stereo in / out (1/4 TRS), Midi in/out (1/8 TRS), 2 Leds. Ideally then I can have a few of these on my board in different positions for relatively cheap.

The Petal is cool, but way too big format for my pedal board. I'm aiming to cram mine into the 1590B enclosure size, single foot switch, 4 knobs. Stereo in / out (1/4 TRS), Midi in/out (1/8 TRS), 2 Leds. Ideally then I can have a few of these on my board in different positions for relatively cheap.
Just curious how would you utilize the midi in/ out?

Midi is getting pretty popular with digital guitar pedals these days (see midi support on all Strymon, Chase Bliss, Meris, and Empress pedals). Midi is primarily used to change settings on the effects in bulk. Imagine a live setting where you have a pedal board with 10 fx and you need to switch settings on all those pedals to get the sound dialed in for the next song. You could do that with 1 button press on a midi enabled pedal board instead of manually changing the dials on all 10 pedals. Midi circuits and the protocol is pretty simple to implement, wouldn't be hard to add to something similar to the terrarium.

Midi is getting pretty popular with digital guitar pedals these days (see midi support on all Strymon, Chase Bliss, Meris, and Empress pedals). Midi is primarily used to change settings on the effects in bulk. Imagine a live setting where you have a pedal board with 10 fx and you need to switch settings on all those pedals to get the sound dialed in for the next song. You could do that with 1 button press on a midi enabled pedal board instead of manually changing the dials on all 10 pedals. Midi circuits and the protocol is pretty simple to implement, wouldn't be hard to add to something similar to the terrarium.
That’s pretty cool, I can see that being helpful in a live situation. I don’t personally have a need for it but it would be fun to figure out…. But I need to figure out the programming thing first

Back