Tommy III pedal pcb

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I wasn’t really planning on doing a build report on this one but figured I’d share my experience with doing the dip switch as a sub mini toggle available from tayda. First in cheap and didn’t really want to buy a dip switch when I had a bunch of switches. I had accidentally bought one of these sub minis on an order (which is funny the other person who use one for this in a thread somewhere also accidentally bought one). But it works awesome for this purpose. I ended up using solid core wire and leaving a little bit of insulation after stripping but I left each wire about 2inches long so I could mount the switch in the enclosure and easily guide it through the pcb holes since it’s kind of in the middle of the board and I think would’ve been a real pita had I not already had it mounted.

It’s a Timmy we all know what it sounds like. I got annoyed because I had some paint issues. Pdx had a good snow storm last week and some cold temps I ussuallt bring my rattle can inside to warm up for a bit before I spray in the garage and then bring inside to cure in the downstairs bath with the exhaust fan on works great during rain and wind. But not when your enclosure has been sitting in the garage in 20 degree weather. Lesson learned. Hopefully not an issue often.

Anyways I then just kind of didn’t care I accidentally scratched the paint tightening down a pot nut and then gloves were off. We’ve got dymo labels and since I’m a Tim I decided to call it eponymous. It ain’t pretty but it gets the job done :).

I’d highly recommend the sub mini switch thing for the clipping though. I do like having the option there. It makes a bigger difference in this one than I thought it would. And I have used it a bit trying to dial in that sound.
55867662-015D-435B-8FB4-9A96FF15183C.jpeg 5D78D408-F1C7-444A-BEA9-A8E6E4DAA43C.jpeg

I’d highly recommend the sub mini switch thing for the clipping though. I do like having the option there. It makes a bigger difference in this one than I thought it would. And I have used it a bit trying to dial in that sound.
I agree 100%. I use asymmetrical clipping with mine 99% of the time, but I really like the ability to switch mid-stream and the difference is quite noticeable.

Also, I have a soft spot for dymo labels. 👍

Back