Tone Stacks

ac30irons

Active member
Hey all, I’m trying to get my head around tone stacks and their related components. In the schematic bellow, there are 2 x 470n caps. Now, I know that increasing the one that feeds into the bass pot will increase the bass content, but what about the one that goes to VB ? What would increasing/decreasing it do and how does it inter play with the other 470n?
 
Hey all, I’m trying to get my head around tone stacks and their related components. In the schematic bellow, there are 2 x 470n caps. Now, I know that increasing the one that feeds into the bass pot will increase the bass content, but what about the one that goes to VB ? What would increasing/decreasing it do and how does it inter play with the other 470n?
The second one affects how wide the bass boost curve is, specifically by changing the low midrange scoop frequency. I can post a sim later, I would need to change the nominal Hiwatt component values as you have.
 
Back
Top