Totally not pedal related but sorta? Audio thing

swelchy

So.. My kiddo is wanting to put a microphone/speaker voice amplifier with his halo cosplay suits/helmet? He has some friends that hacked some cheap amazon stuff and they kinda sound like crap and distorted.... Anyone have a pcb solution for a small mic preamp and then be able to amplify a small set of speakers mounted possibly in his armor ... possibly helmet mounted as well? Several of the guys seemed to have disassembled cheap voice amplifiers and hot glued them in the helmets.. Would be pretty sweet if I could come up with a bluetooth mic to mount in his helmet and a bluetooth speaker setup in his armor that actually sounds good with decent volume.. IMG_5570.jpg

I'd be nervous about using wireless Bluetooth at a convention, the spectrum gets pretty crowded - so my inclination would be to stay with a hardwired solution.

But you still need a battery-powered. mike, a battery amp and a decent speaker. I am not that knowledgeable on mikes. But you might look at Parts-Express for the battery amp (digital class are highly efficient, good for batteries), and for the speaker. If this is for voice, pick a midrange or full-range midrange speaker - maybe a ~2" dia might be a decent compromise between quality and size. Find one that's efficient so the battery lasts - they have all the specs there. Some of the Dayton speakers aren't bad at all.

Hope this helps...

Back