Try pedals by home (kind of like Thomann)

Elijah-Baley

Hello,
a friend of mine asked to me to try my pedals from his home. (A bit like Thomann). He lives a bit far away from my home and he can't come to me every time.

Does someone know a method how he can play his guitar at home with the pedals in my home through our computers?
It's ok if I have to control the pedal pots.

I don't have hi-tech stuff, but I hope I can do it with pc, freeware software, some cables and internet.

Thanks.

There are multiple ways to stream a signal from him to you, then you put it through the pedal and send it back to him. They challenge is going to be latency (the laws of physics and how far away he is, if you have a fairly direct network route etc).

It'd be something like:
Him > interface > his computer > internet tubes (it's all tubes) > your computer > interface > pedals > interface > your computer > internet tubes > his computer.

I can't recommend software for it, but I know it exists. Your latency is going to be adding up all the interface, computer, and network round trip latency together. It may not be a great playing experience.

A reamp device and something with instrument level in(do or interface) is also recommended.
Here are some freeish options for the software side

Never used any myself.

[...]
It'd be something like:
Him > interface > his computer > internet tubes (it's all tubes) > your computer > interface > pedals > interface > your computer > internet tubes > his computer.
[...]
My friend is better equipped than me: sound-card/interface, amp modeling software...
I have just my pc with the input mic. I used to connect my pedal through the old Behringer V-Amp (kind of old red Line 6 POD), to make the amp and cabinet emulator.

I don't know if I can make the thing. In case I'd like some further instructions.

I still didn't find a software.

Back