Two-ish questions - multi-effect wiring and relay bypass

mkstewartesq

I’m still relatively new to this (only about four builds under my belt, and only the last two have really involved much in the way of offboard wiring - but all were successful).

Owing to running out of pedal board space, i’d like to try to combine three (independent) effects into one box. By independent, I mean only one would be on at any time.

1. I’ve seen the wiring diagrams for wiring two effects together on the wiki - are there any diagrams out there for wiring three?

2. Relay bypass - I’d like just a simple function of clicking on any one of the 3 foot switches to activate the effect and deactivate all of the others in the box

a. I’m pretty confused as to which of the relay bypass boards I need – do I need one of the more simple relay bypass boards (two dollars apiece) or do I need the intelligent relay bypass (eight dollars apiece)?

b. I’m even more confused as to actually how you integrate these relay bypass boards into the project. I’ve seen a lot of pictures of the amazing builds here that show them in the enclosure – but I don’t exactly understand how they are wired into the project. All I can see is that they’re positioned at the bottom of the board where the 3PDT switch is – are there any diagrams on how these are to be wired into the build for each board?

Thanks in advance as always.

Mike

You want the Intelligent Relay Bypass module (one for each effect). https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/relaybypass/

Channel Switching Mode

Channel Switching Mode is designed for use in multi-in-one combination effects pedals. When Channel Switching Mode is enabled only one effect can be active at a time.
Pressing any footswitch automatically activates that effect and bypasses any other active effect on the same control bus. Pressing the active footswitch again bypasses the effect.

Although this was drawn for 3PDT footswitches, this should give you a general idea of how the wiring would go together:

You want the Intelligent Relay Bypass module (one for each effect). https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/relaybypass/

Although this was drawn for 3PDT footswitches, this should give you a general idea of how the wiring would go together:
Thank you Robert - and my apologies for completely missing that very recent thread on the three pedals discussion. I really did try to look for that information.

Is there any information anywhere on how to wire up the intelligent relay bypass modules to each board? (if that’s what you were getting at additionally with the link to that thread, again my apologies for not understanding – but since I’ve only seen a picture of the intelligent relay bypass module, I’m just kind of lost on the wiring interplay between the footswitch switches and the bypass module (i.e., what I would need to do differently from a standard build of a given pedal to integrate the bypass module into each one.)

thank you again.

Mike

Back