Two Spin projects

mybud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Hi all: Just completed two Spin builds: the Deflector reverb (as recommended by @MichaelW) and the Unison double tracker.

Last week I took the boards and Spin chips to my local electronics buddy for soldering, as below:

AF64116B-1038-41E8-AD29-94CDFAF58774_1_105_c.jpeg

Then completed the rest of the installation:

IMG_0809_sm.jpg

Finally, boxed them up:

IMG_0812_sm.jpg

While interestingly weird-ambient on guitar, the impending bloom (deflector) is more useful for me in a modular synth context, but the doppelgänger (double tracker) does a nice job of spatialising (thickening, fattening, and so on) the sound on both six-string and bass guitar. Glad both builds worked and more quite weird stuff to add to my audio arsenal.

Thanks for the suggestion @MichaelW and success with your 'impending' builds, mah fronds. More Spins in my near future, I suspect.

I'm surprised I recommended the Deflector, because I haven't built it yet :ROFLMAO: . How do you like it?
Let’s not rule out the possibility that I have my wires crossed, but I think you might have responded to my original inquiry (what to build now?) some while back. It’s a fun pedal but I should probably get more familiar with it before I dismiss its usefulness for guitar. As CC said, it seems to emulate nonlinear or reverse reverb, so unconventional in an interesting way.

Back