Type of DC socket to use with top jack faceplate

Redspacecadet74

I purchased one of these top jack faceplates to use with a power I/O module on my Derailer pedal build. Unfortunately, it was only after having drilled the holes in the enclosure that I noticed the input and output jack on the I/O module are aligned with the DC socket. Whereas on the faceplate they are staggered. So now I’m wondering what sort of DC socket you’re supposed to use with the faceplate since the hole is too small for a chassis mount and the plate plus the wall thickness of the enclosure will be too thick for a panel mount. I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully used one of these faceplates and, if so, what sort of DC socket did you use?

Attachments

• AEF5A027-C67A-424A-89F2-B87A7CCDD2C4.jpeg
    AEF5A027-C67A-424A-89F2-B87A7CCDD2C4.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20F9CABF-F2F3-4C06-803B-E5E47D2CA92E.jpeg
    20F9CABF-F2F3-4C06-803B-E5E47D2CA92E.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 3
I purchased one of these top jack faceplates to use with a power I/O module on my Derailer pedal build. Unfortunately, it was only after having drilled the holes in the enclosure that I noticed the input and output jack on the I/O module are aligned with the DC socket. Whereas on the faceplate they are staggered. So now I’m wondering what sort of DC socket you’re supposed to use with the faceplate since the hole is too small for a chassis mount and the plate plus the wall thickness of the enclosure will be too thick for a panel mount. I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully used one of these faceplates and, if so, what sort of DC socket did you use?

Just enlarge the chassis hole and use flying leads to the board.

Back