Tyrian agression mode noise problem

gksdud2707

Hi, I'm not good at English, so please forgive me if my explanation is inaccurate.

I completed tryian today.

There is a problem that pin 3 of IC1 and IC3 does not output 4.5v, but it works.

However, when the toggle switch is placed at blue and red (not severe), there is a high end like fuzz + wah (especially when treble is reduced),

is tryian originally like that? or is it my problem?

Is there any solution? F253F5E2-9A60-442F-A4DE-FC36BD5D294C.jpeg EAA3D907-B144-44C0-8389-7A8EE41ADD5F.jpeg 76C902D1-5E31-483D-B988-C986AE116A47.jpeg

Check the DC voltage on pin 1 of IC1 and IC3, your DMM could be loading down pin 3.
FEFF9028-5EAF-45A4-B4B1-9B9652CEB84F.jpeg
I just plugged in the 9v adapter and measured the voltage.

Tyrian Ic1 and Ic3's Pin3 measure less than 3v

Brwon Betty Ic1 Pin3 also measured as less than 4.5v.

is this normal?

If it's not normal, tell me how to fix it.

Your voltages are most likely fine.

The VREF supply has a relatively high value resistor in series with Pin 3 of IC1 and IC3, your DMM is loading down the voltage giving an inaccurate measurement.

You can see Pin 1 and Pin 7 are near 4.5V, these are the lower impedance outputs of the opamps so the meter doesn't affect the reading at those points.

The VREF supply has a relatively high value resistor in series with Pin 3 of IC1 and IC3, your DMM is loading down the voltage giving an inaccurate measurement.

You can see Pin 1 and Pin 7 are near 4.5V, these are the lower impedance outputs of the opamps so the meter doesn't affect the reading at those points.
yes that's good thank you!

Then, when I operate the toggle on my tyrian, there is a clipping sound at the high end of the high string, and the sound lacks clarity (especially when I lower the gain and treble).

Is there a solution?

What do r22 and c7 do? And what sound does it make when its value changes?

Back
Top Bottom