SOLVED Ungula Cleft Mod - Pinout orientation for MPSA13 transistors?

I’m building the Ungula (hoof) with the Cleft mod (Cloven hoof). I’m likely over thinking but what is the pinout for the two MPSA13 transistors in Q2, Q3?

Here’s a pic of the board. I’ve checked others builds with the cleft mod and I can’t tell if the E,B,C holes are used, or if it’s E, (bottom middle pin underneath B), and then C?

Ignore my wires in these holes, I was initially going to test without soldering the transistors but I’m ditching that route.

ALSO: I’ve seen in the forum that others have changed out the values of the Potentiometers to better match the cloven hoof: anyone have any details or recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_1369.jpeg
    IMG_1369.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1370.jpeg
    IMG_1370.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 12
Pretty sure the extra middle hole is there for cross-compatibility between the different transistor package types. Should be able to use either hole in the middle/bottom for the base.

I think the last one I build I used the standard linear 100k pots for sustain, tone, and volume, then a linear 25k for the mids pot. I think the EQD called for like a 50k sustain pot (why?) and a 1m volume pot (much larger why??).

MPSA13 is the same pinout as a 2n5088, 2n3904, 2n2222, etc. If you orient the transistor to look like a C (as opposed to a D) it's collector at top, base in the middle, then emitter at the bottom. Turn it 90 degrees clockwise and put it in the holes.

Screen Shot 2023-11-18 at 12.31.32 PM.png

My recommendation for all is to buy a T7 tester. It's cheap and handy. You can audit transistors for the pinouts for example, check resistors, capacitors and diodes before solder it in the PCB. All of my boards worked flawlessly since I have It.
915878901-299259857.jpg

Back