Unicab Sim

phi1

Finished the unicab sim, built it completely stock.

I used an enclosure that I previously attempted to use for a modded FV-1 Development board (added momentary TAP sw). When that was getting too cramped, I put it in a 1590BB. So, this one has a few extra holes, and the knobs are sort of a hodge podge of what I had laying around. Even so, I kind of like how it turned out haha. I forgot to get a gut shot before closing it up.

The controls work as expected but so far I've only tested it with my guitar amp. Once I use it more in live DI situations, I'll decide if it's worth rehousing with some mods (like in p_wats' build) or a battery.

The details on the DSM OmniCab Sim User Manual helped me clarify what each control is actually doing. According to the FSB thread, the production DSM pedal has been tweaked since it was traced, so as far as I know the PedalPCB version doesn't match the new DSM version 100% (I could be wrong though). But, on my build the controls still seems to generally line up with the descriptions in the manual.

Attachments

• IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    320.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    478.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    485 KB · Views: 29
Nice! I love finding new uses for old enclosures. I've ended up covering some holes with buttons, etc.

Back