[Vero] morning glory

Locrian99

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Hey everyone,

Been a bit since I’ve built on vero, had kind of sworn it off. But awhile back I decided to start playing around with a blues breaker on my breadboard. I set it all up and was just not into it, sounded way too bright to me and just wasn’t into it. I decided to to try the morning glory on the breadboard since I was already most of the way there. Was better but still just wasn’t that into it. Sat on the breadboard for awhile, didn’t really mess around with it. Tried a couple component changes nothing really change it. Last week I was sinking around playing on my LP and thought I hadn’t tried it with it, only with the strat. So I got the breadboard all hooked up. And… I loved it. Was surprised a guitar change made such a difference. Tried the strat again and was back to feeling ho hum about it. Back to the LP digging it. Had the itch to build something so figured I’d toss it on vero using the tagboard effects layout.

Pretty easy layout, worked out of the gate, always a good thing for vero. I used a 4558 instead of the 833. Vero layout had an extra 100n in tbr power section compared to the glory hole schematic I did the breadboard from. Went ahead and just followed the layout.

Some how for drilling the enclosure I messed up and put the switch and led on the opposite side of where I intended. But the nice thing about vero is you can make it work. I was planning on using a footswitch board film but the led was on wrong side and figured I’d have to wire it anyways. Did kind of a weird star ground thing that’s the black heat shrink thing you see near the dc jack. Overall though pretty happy with it. A lot cleaner than some of the rats nest veros I’ve done. Enclosure is a rattle can rustoleum green with a gloss clear coat over the top. After the first coat it looked like it could use a second but I liked the look so went with it with just the one.

6B6335BC-0D93-4CBE-81F6-40347B4D4101.jpeg FA2EC87D-FC4F-43D3-B936-1A5031289875.jpeg

Back