1590B VFE Standard Template

coltonius

I have a few VFE 'standard' pedals I'd like to build with some fancy graphics. They're the older design that Madbean sells.

Using some of the methods described here, I attempted to plot out the drill guide. Can someone double check it for me? (Once this is figured out, I need to figure out how to do graphics without fancy software...)

The Tayda Template:

The Madbean drill guide (page 13, the 'no battery' version):

Thanks a bunch!

In your template, you've chosen -17.46mm and +17.46mm for the upper controls and -19.05mm and 19.05mm for the lower set. I'm getting slightly different numbers when measuring from his build doc. I'd kindly ask Mr. Madbean (@bean) for "official" drill coordinates. Unfortunately, the drill guide in the build document you linked has uneven spacing on the control drills in relation to center on the guide (at least for me it does). Hopefully he can clear things up!

Edit: I forgot that I have the drill guide from VFE's "motherload" file set. It looks like your spacing from center is correct, however, your Y positioning does differ from the VFE drill guide that I have.

Last edited:
In your template, you've chosen -17.46mm and +17.46mm for the upper controls and -19.05mm and 19.05mm for the lower set. I'm getting slightly different numbers when measuring from his build doc. I'd kindly ask Mr. Madbean (@bean) for "official" drill coordinates. Unfortunately, the drill guide in the build document you linked has uneven spacing on the control drills in relation to center on the guide (at least for me it does). Hopefully he can clear things up!

Edit: I forgot that I have the drill guide from VFE's "motherload" file set. It looks like your spacing from center is correct, however, your Y positioning does differ from the VFE drill guide that I have.
Thanks! I just bought a few of the projects, so I'll check the drill guides and adjust accordingly.

Once I have it fixed, I'll report back for the future reference of the community. :cool:

Going by the VFE drill guide (it's a bit rough and handwritten), I've come up with an alternative Tayda drill template for you. You'll want to adjust the LED and DC jack drill diameters to accommodate the bezel and jack type you'll be using. Also, the DC jack drill may need to be adjusted slightly if you're using a jack larger than the slimline style.

*Note: All hole sizes are based on VFE's drill guide. His sizes appear a smidge generous so I don't think adding the extra 0.20mm will be needed.

Anyhow, here's the template: https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=c0l0WXlVWEo3dFNWSkVXQ2pEVU5NQT09Cg==

Going by the VFE drill guide (it's a bit rough and handwritten), I've come up with an alternative Tayda drill template for you. You'll want to adjust the LED and DC jack drill diameters to accommodate the bezel and jack type you'll be using. Also, the DC jack drill may need to be adjusted slightly if you're using a jack larger than the slimline style.

*Note: All hole sizes are based on VFE's drill guide. His sizes appear a smidge generous so I don't think adding the extra 0.20mm will be needed.

Anyhow, here's the template: https://drill.taydakits.com/box-designs/new?public_key=c0l0WXlVWEo3dFNWSkVXQ2pEVU5NQT09Cg==
Thank you so much! This is really helpful.

Back