VibroBot (Frantone Vibutron)

jcpst

The classic vibrato/tremolo misnomer aside, I had been looking forward to this pedal.

Tremolo is my favorite type of modulation. I had built a chorus, phaser, and flanger mainly to revisit them, but they’re just not my thing.

This one came right together. I drilled it a bit off center, but I can live with it. I noticed my big fat toggle switch was the same thread size as my footswitch, so I put dress nuts on both.

The aesthetic is kind of goofy, but I find the quirkiness endearing.

Blah blah… how does it sound? After a quick biasing by ear, great! The triangle, sine and square LFOs are all very usable. I was a bit surprised that the rate knob went slower with CW turn.

If I could change anything it would be just to slow down the oscillation a bit. I would like to be able to go slower, and I don’t need it to go as fast as it does. Maybe I’ll look into that.

IMG_0946.jpeg
IMG_0947.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome build! Where’d you get the toggle switch? I have a bunch of them in on-on, but I’ve never seen them available in on-on-on for the large bat stuff

The classic vibrato/tremolo misnomer aside, I had been looking forward to this pedal.

Tremolo is my favorite type of modulation. I had built a chorus, phaser, and flanger mainly to revisit them, but they’re just not my thing.

This one came right together. I drilled it a bit off center, but I can live with it. I noticed my big fat toggle switch was the same thread size as my footswitch, so I put dress nuts on both.

The aesthetic is kind of goofy, but I find the quirkiness endearing.

Blah blah… how does it sound? After a quick biasing by ear, great! The triangle, sine and square LFOs are all very usable. I was a bit surprised that the rate knob went slower with CW turn.

If I could change anything it would be just to slow down the oscillation a bit. I would like to be able to go slower, and I don’t need it to go as fast as it does. Maybe I’ll look into that.

View attachment 78361
View attachment 78362
I really like the look too! The decorative washers are really nice and the color choice is fantastic.

Thanks! I was going to do some labeling in green but didn’t want to wait to box it up!

I like to look at what the pcb is based off and incorporate some elements into my build.

IMG_0948.jpeg

Thanks! I was going to do some labeling in green but didn’t want to wait to box it up!

I like to look at what the pcb is based off and incorporate some elements into my build.

View attachment 78371
I reversed the colors with mine, green with yellow knobs but the colors didn't work together like I wanted so the knobs are black/silver now. I think the yellow on its own is plenty of reference.

I swapped the C6 220n cap for a 470n and now the rate is more usable for me. It's still most of the way CW, but now goes slow enough.

Back