Vox Clyde McCoy Reissue V848 Schematic?

Big Monk

Anyone know of a schematic for this?

I can of course trace it but it would just be easier if someone else already had.

I can't seem to find it, even after some deep diving, so it seems that the trace is inevitable anyway.

Clyde.jpg

1st pic has three transistors, 2nd pic has two. SMD board has three. The 3rd transistor is an optional input buffer. I believe it's all the same basic Wah circuit, with a few component value tweaks. The biggest differences will come down to pot taper and inductor Q.

1st pic has three transistors, 2nd pic has two. SMD board has three. The 3rd transistor is an optional input buffer.

These are the same unit. I ended up removing the MPSA13 emitter follower and a few other components as well.

This guy owns one of my Pompeii Fuzz Faces that has my Fuzz Buffer and also has a buffer in his RJM switcher.

The biggest differences will come down to pot taper and inductor Q.

I auditioned a few indicators in this one, including my own Sabbadius out of my wah and the Yellow Fasel. Red Fasel sounded best to my ears for this wah.

I tweaked down the “Q” resistor slightly from 100k to 91k. I tweaked the feedback resistor up to 2.2k.

It ended up with a nice character that was vocal but not too “vowelly”, if that makes sense.

I’ll tune the mechanical sweep a bit more today and then it’s going home to him.

Back