War Scythe : settings suggestions and circuit explanations.

eh là bas ma

Hello !

My last build is PPCB War Scythe. It sounds promising but i'm not sure i understand what is happening in there.

There are 3 circuits: Ungula, Squidward and Scythe. I know nothing about the original circuits, except they're from EQD, there's a muff variant (hybrid ?) a tonebender variant and an octave up.

I've built a few muffs and one germanium tonebender v.3 in the past. But these are probably different, although i m not sure how.

What does the Ungula's Shift control do exactly ?

How does the signal go in the War Scythe ? Is it first the Tonebender, to Octave, to Muff, as shown by the footswitches order ? The octave up is generated between the two other circuits ?

Are there some recommended settings to get the most of this combination ? i mean, is it ok to turn the Tonebender's Fuzz control down without impairing the octave consistency, for example ?

Are there "bad" settings ?

What is the main idea behind this 3-in-1 project ? I guess a tonebender into a muff is an interesting combo, and the octave up allows to get more highs, in order to adjust in the mix with other instruments, for solo for exemple ?

The octave up is meant to act like some high boost and/or change the distortion's texture ?

Maybe we are not supposed to turn on every effects together, maybe it's more about using the octave up either with the tonebender or the muff, on their own ?

Every observations and answers are welcome !

Last edited:
Back