Warbling, buzzing, and country radio

MacGuffin_

Working on my byrdhouse again: when the vol is turned up (on amp) I get a intense buzzing, when ATK is up I get warbling, and overall a country radio station keeps seeping through my sound.
I have checked every grounding point and they all look good, but when I body-ground a few points it clears up. Any tips for getting it grounded? I've tried powering through different plugs (it was on the same plug as the amp on a power conditioner first) with no luck. It is also warbling when ATK is high (above ~80%), which is a bit annoying. Finally I can't get rid of a radio station on my pedal that is getting through some ground loop.
Things I found:
- grounding with my body cleared up a lot of noise that is normally there
- cant get the warble to go away, but it only appears with high ATK. Trim knob didn't do much to stop it
- touching the input wire makes a earsplitting crackle
- idk what I am doing

You could try putting a little 10pf cap in parallel with the 1m resistor on the input to filter out that radio stuff without affecting the overall tone much if any at all.

You could try putting a little 10pf cap in parallel with the 1m resistor on the input to filter out that radio stuff without affecting the overall tone much if any at all.
Will try that.
Are you trying to completely get rid of the radio interference or are you trying to get something OTHER than country?
I mean, anything would beat country.

Playing around with the trimpot, if I turn it up, the warble gets worse until the pedal turns off for a few seconds before starting back up after a second or two. This cycle repeats. Cap issue? Not giving it enough current (it's getting 100ma right now)? Something else?

Will try that.

I mean, anything would beat country.

Playing around with the trimpot, if I turn it up, the warble gets worse until the pedal turns off for a few seconds before starting back up after a second or two. This cycle repeats. Cap issue? Not giving it enough current (it's getting 100ma right now)? Something else?
That’s a sure sign of a cold solder joint.

I should know…

Back