What do you all usually buy from Digikey?

I actually get my relays from JLCPCB. I use their assembly service, and the cost for an almost completely assembled board, including a latching DPDT relay, (I use assembly for everything except for the microcontroller and electrolytic capacitor) is about $1.50 per board. If you go that route, the total cost for the relay bypass system, including the momentary foot switch, is less than a single Alpha 3PDT foot switch.
Finally a decent reason to use relay bypass 🤔

Digikey:

I live on the west coast of Canada, $100 cad is free shipping, otherwise an $8 flat rate via fedex, most of my caps, resistors, semiconductors, hardware.

NextGenGuitars (located in Canada) for pots, enclosures, jacks, led bezels

Anything they dont carry mouser, smallbear, love my switches, retroamplis for hard to find stuff. Sometimes tadya, not fun getting hit with import fees from tadya though.

I actually get my relays from JLCPCB. I use their assembly service, and the cost for an almost completely assembled board, including a latching DPDT relay, (I use assembly for everything except for the microcontroller and electrolytic capacitor) is about $1.50 per board. If you go that route, the total cost for the relay bypass system, including the momentary foot switch, is less than a single Alpha 3PDT foot switch.

This is a good idea. I might do this myself.

This is a good idea. I might do this myself.
Hey. I'm looking into this option but don't know enough about SMD parts to know what to look for.

What relay do you use? Do they have a A-4.5W-K relay? Not sure how to find it.

Also do you know if they have any simple film capacitors that are basic parts? Looking for 100nf which I assume they have.

I always stock up on Stackpole Electronics Inc resistors, they have 1/8 watt 1% resistors that are very affordable (I think about one cent a unit) and 3.3mmx1.8mm which allows me to fit most builds in smaller enclosures.
I always add Wima caps and random diodes until I reach the threshold for triggering free delivery 😅

Back