What 'vibe pedals are folks building these days?

Bucksears

I WAS looking at building the Photon, but it seems that the Silonex 7532 photocells are pretty much non-existent now.
I have an older Easyvibe build that I was going to hand off to my cousin - if photocells are in short supply, I'll probably hold on to it.

So what are folks building for univibe duty these days, and what optical parts are you using?

I WAS looking at building the Photon, but it seems that the Silonex 7532 photocells are pretty much non-existent now.
I have an older Easyvibe build that I was going to hand off to my cousin - if photocells are in short supply, I'll probably hold on to it.

So what are folks building for univibe duty these days, and what optical parts are you using?
I built an Abyss recently and really like it. Cheap LDRs and a yellow LED.

I've built the Photon Vibe and the Electrovibe.

My Photon Vibe (with Silonex NSL-7532 LDRs and the rest of the components as a kit supplied by Musikding) has background hiss, is not very chewy and the speed range is disappointing, not fast enough. The volume and EQ controls are useful but to me this is a pass.

The Electrovibe (same LDRs that I purchased from Retroamplis, the rest are run-of-the-mill components from my stash, no mojo or expensive parts) is just wonderful. With the right mods it can go a bit above unity, it can go super slow to pretty fast and most importantly it sounds fantastic. Mine is completely silent. No pops, no background noise. So satisfying!
Robert really knocked it out of the park with this board!

Here's my build report with a little demo using one setting only

Looking at the Mini now!

Back