Which version of the Ghost Echo (1, 2 or 3) does the Spirit Box most resemble?

I have a 5k on the depth, no issues here. I was wondering if anyone could chime in a way to maybe get a shorter dwell minimum to really make this thing anything from a tight springy slap to a cavernous beast?

I have a 5k on the depth, no issues here. I was wondering if anyone could chime in a way to maybe get a shorter dwell minimum to really make this thing anything from a tight springy slap to a cavernous beast?
TLDR; no.

The way it's designed, you'll never be able to get a slap. The signal goes from a delay with a minimum of 30ms (IIRC) and then into a pseudo reverb chip with a non-adjustable 2.85 seconds of delay time. You can turn Dwell to zero to kill any regeneration, but then you'll still have about 3 second of happenings happening.

It wouldn't be impossible to route the delay around the reverb, but then you'd need extra controls, and you simply can't fit much more in a 125B enclosure with the Belton Brick IC.

Also, I built the Spirit Box with a few of the mods suggested in Fuzzdogs comments. If I were to build another I'd do whatever mod was suggested to bring up the output volume a little. The mod to increase max regen was kind of pointless because once it starts to do runaway feedback the volume goes through the roof and becomes unusable. You could add some clippers at the PT2399 input to limit the swing, but then you have a filtering section not designed for those harmonics.

After months of tinkering, I decided the Ghost Echo simply sounds as good as any PT2399 reverb is going to get. Especially in the 125B footprint. It does sound surprisingly good, so try to enjoy it for what it is.

Back