SOLVED Whipped Cream Volume/Gain

Quirkey

Hey Friends - Finally getting back in the swing of things after moving around and setting up a new office/workspace.

I got the parts for the Whipped Cream and finally put it together. Unfortunately, it did not work on first try. After some debugging, it looked like there was some kind of broken trace between +9v and the 5817 and none of the JFETs were getting power. After I connected them with a little jumper, the sound came on, but it's muffled and very very quiet. Thanks to @Robert for posting the docs, I walked through with an audio probe and it _seems_ like before C7 the sound was normal and the woman-tone switch/knob is working and filtering out the highs. However, on the other side of C7 the volume drops a lot and it doesn't seem to recover. I'm kind of lost at this point as I'm not sure how the JFETs are working in this circuit.

Attaching pics of the circuit and also an audio sample where you can hear the pedal cut in and the volume drop.

IMG_0855.jpeg IMG_0856.jpeg IMG_0858.jpeg

Here is a Continuity Test you can do, The Blue circles should all have around 9v = VCC.
You can test for continuity by disconnecting power to the pedal & with your multimeter,
set to Continuity & you should get a Beeb on all matching colours:

Continuity Test.jpg

Here is a Continuity Test you can do, The Blue circles should all have around 9v = VCC.
You can test for continuity by disconnecting power to the pedal & with your multimeter,
set to Continuity & you should get a Beeb on all matching colours:
OK, I tried this and yes, without the jumper the 9v does not make it to the rest of the circuit. The rest of the continuity tests passed and I'm getting 9v at all the blue circles. The LED for the bypass switch also doesn't work, but not sure if that's related.

With power diconnected, Test for continuity on R100, the bottom pad should be connected to Bypass Led Anode.
The top pad of R100 should be the Red Circle which may been damaged trace also.
You may have to run a jumper???

Back