Whole Hearted distortion

DailyDovetails

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here is something I have been working on on my breadboard for a while. It started as an Acapulco gold and I made changes to it until I was happy with it. It definitely leans to the distorted side but I can get a pretty good clean boost out of it with the gain down and guitar volume knob down some.

The schematic in the picture is mostly correct but I changed from the inverting to non inverting connections at some point while I was trying to figure out an oscillation issue I was having.

The artwork on this one is by my daughter. She came up with a few concepts but this one was my favorite. She used to draw these heart people she calls heartigans when she was little and this pedal will remind me of that time with her. She recently became the principal cello at her middle school. She also works on her artwork almost daily and is an all around great kid. I am very proud of her.

I enjoy the contrast between the artwork and sound of this pedal and smile every time I turn it on.

Attachments

• IMG_6050.jpeg
    IMG_6050.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6049.jpeg
    IMG_6049.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6043.jpeg
    IMG_6043.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 26
Awesome! My kids want to design pedal enclosures like me, so I’m going to show this to them.
I plan on doing a few more with my kids. It seems like sometimes inspiration comes more easily to them.

I really liked the layout and colors on the compressor you recently posted.

Back