Why here? Left turn at Albuquerque

Pauleo1214

20240802_233653.jpg

20240802_233700.jpg

Here's a revised version of your text:

---

Here is a pedal that has been 15 months in the making. The wiring was completed 15 months ago, and it's another quad-arachnid build. The EEPROMs feature patches from MAS-Effects.

Before I started building this, @Feral Feline suggested the name "Left Turn at Albuquerque." I loved the name because it perfectly captures the pedal's unique and strange capabilities. However, I struggled with the concept art.

Fortunately, @jjjimi84 offered to paint it for me, and he did not disappoint! He hydro-dipped the pedal and knobs in a striking orange, red, and white color scheme that beautifully depicts the hellscape of a hot desert. To enhance the sense of strangeness, there's an alien wandering through the desert, having crash-landed and wondering why, of all places, he ended up in Albuquerque.

Even the inside of the pedal is painted in a hammered black finish to highlight the boards and wiring. I can't recall the exact patches that were programmed into it, but I'll return later with a demo. In the meantime, enjoy the view!

That @jjjimi84 artwork is AWESOME!
Are the arachnid all in series? Any goal in the patches and their placement in the chain? And most importantly, demo? :)
Great work to all involved!

I have much to add to this post, along with a video.

70225357354__C0E0CEF6-CD0C-4536-8434-6FD7FDB228BB.jpeg 70225356342__121E704D-FBB5-47C3-938A-A7A218186205.jpeg

Here are the pictures of the patches before I stripped that enclosure.

This painting took way too long to complete but I learned so much and the results are really great. Later tonight I will post some pictures and the multiple revisions this went through.

Thank you @Pauleo1214 for your patience and support.

I have much to add to this post, along with a video.

View attachment 79566View attachment 79567

Here are the pictures of the patches before I stripped that enclosure.

This painting took way too long to complete but I learned so much and the results are really great. Later tonight I will post some pictures and the multiple revisions this went through.

Thank you @Pauleo1214 for your patience and support.
It was a great journey and I enjoyed being part of the process! My patience was never tested let alone an issue.

Back