why ppcb hasn't made the classic MXR Microamp?

cris_mas

not sure if this is a silly question due to the existence of the distortion 250 project and the mxr microamp+ pcb's, but making some mental travels to the past, i was remembering how nice was to play my Jetcity tube amp with my Microamp clone boosting it. I wanted to put together a new pcb and came to realize that ppcb does not have the "original" pcb in the catalogue. To make matters worse, i have to hurry on buying pcb's since my government is desperate to charge taxes for imports less than 40 dollars and i have the feeling that buying pcb's from abroad will no longer be plausible or cost/convenient anymore.

I was wondering if it was possible to use the distortion 250 as a replacement for the lack of other alternative or if I've missed a more authentic alternative labeled under other brand model. I'm not considering the Microamp+ since with all the eq'ing i'm doing with the other pedals i have, i don't need further tone sculpting and wanted to keep things simple.

I'm open to other boost alternatives you could recommend to my angry plexi-esque sound. I was also thinking about a kliché mini, but have no access to the magic diodes, so i've discarded that one previously.

:giggle:

You could try the micro amp plus board. I'm not sure if it's the same amount of boost total as the original, but it does have the added treble and bass controls that you can use (or ignore).

not sure if this is a silly question due to the existence of the distortion 250 project and the mxr microamp+ pcb's, but making some mental travels to the past, i was remembering how nice was to play my Jetcity tube amp with my Microamp clone boosting it. I wanted to put together a new pcb and came to realize that ppcb does not have the "original" pcb in the catalogue. To make matters worse, i have to hurry on buying pcb's since my government is desperate to charge taxes for imports less than 40 dollars and i have the feeling that buying pcb's from abroad will no longer be plausible or cost/convenient anymore.

I was wondering if it was possible to use the distortion 250 as a replacement for the lack of other alternative or if I've missed a more authentic alternative labeled under other brand model. I'm not considering the Microamp+ since with all the eq'ing i'm doing with the other pedals i have, i don't need further tone sculpting and wanted to keep things simple.

I'm open to other boost alternatives you could recommend to my angry plexi-esque sound. I was also thinking about a kliché mini, but have no access to the magic diodes, so i've discarded that one previously.

:giggle:
You could absolutely use the od250 board. Other than a few component changes (and only using 1 lnob and not 2), the circuits are nearly identical. In fact, Tonepad and some others sell the same
Board to do the Distortion+, OD250, and MicroAmp and just list the part differences in the BOM

Back