XS Drive toggle/DIP descriptions?

iamjackslackof

Hey all,

Finished up the XS Drive recently, and I love the thing. However I'm curious on what each toggle is actually doing. Clearly some are toggling in and out some different cap/resistor values to tweak the EQ, but even the Xotic page for it doesn't describe each toggle in detail.

Second, do the toggle position match 1:1 to the DIP switches on the original? I *think* it does, judging from the sound descriptions on the Xotic page, but I'm not 100% sure, especially since I don't know what each toggle is actually doing.

I realize this is most likely a question for @Robert, so I'll tag him here, but if anyone else has any insights or comments, chime on in. The schematic has not been posted yet as far as I know, which might clear up most of this.

Finally, what a great sounding MIAB! I am always chasing Zeppelin-style Marshall tones, and this gets quote close to my ears. I swore off building more MIABs since I've built damn near every one PPCB sells, but I'm glad I did this one, as it's quickly becoming my favorite.

Thanks!

Back