YACB (ElectroVibe pre and Tone TwEQ)

mybud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I needed to find a place for the ElectroVibe preamp, which I removed from a previous combo build (YACB (ElectroVibe pre into NE-1). I'd thought of adding one of Barry's Tone TwEQ boards for some added gain and toan control (low, mids, tops). So herewith YACB number 4, a simple utility preamp and tone control for guitar and bass in a 1590BB.

ev_tt_innards.jpg

The splices originate from removing the EV from the previous setup, hence the short wires which needed joining.

ev_tt_outards_01.jpg

The first time I've used board-mounted 9mm jacks (the uppermost three Davies knobs) to mount the board securely to the enclosure. The EV is hardwired to the Tone TwEQ to save a 3PDT toggle and because I'm unlikely to wish to use either circuit separately.

ev_tt-outards_02.jpg

It works well as a versatile sweetener and gentle boost. The EV does something subtle to the signal and gives the TwEQ some headroom to work with. While there's always room for improvement in layout and aesthetics, I'm happy so far with how this has come out.

I'll experiment some more with placement in the chain, but so far, so good. Thanks for reading as ever.

Back