Yet another Particle Accelerator (i love it!)

cris_mas

Well well well, after a while i have to sit and write nothing but praise for this great pcb from Sushi Box/C2C:

Here is the thing: after i couldn't repair the C2C Supersonic (ahem..waiting for the new pcb @vigilante398 :p ) I've decided to build another tube preamp to replace a pedal although is not bad, had some weird quirks i couldn't cope with. Found one at Das Musikding (thanks to Klaus for that) and i was encouraged by some PPCB forumites to patiently wait and the wait was well worth it!

The sound is clearly strong and somewhat Bass oriented/friendly but noticed that has the right frequency spectrum to work smoothly on guitar as well. Mids are sweet! Perfect for what I've needed (clean pedal base with rich harmonics and just a hint of breakup). The tone block is just awesome, hard to describe though. It's kind of "neutral" but effective to what is fed of before and after the chain. It just gets along nicely with the Dirty Sanchez I've put together (another report on that later).

As a closing note, I'm getting clean tones that somewhat gets you close to that Gilmour esque tone from the Pulse Tour of the mid 90's. Even not using a strat, that tone is there and gets more evident using a compressor before it. I'm loving this thing!
BUT...oh damn "curiosity"...now i want to try that Bassdude project :p.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-27 at 17.32.43.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-07-28 at 11.36.59.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-07-30 at 11.20.49 (1).jpeg

Another note, while I've painted the enclosure on a very rustic way, this paint is not giving the results i've hoped for, despite i really love that blue metallic color. From now on i will switch to Rustoleum, seems to give better results without using powder coating (don't have the tools and space for that).

Thanks again for all!

Back