Kliche Buffer Question

EGRENIER

So I'm thinking of a new design for a dual pedal. It would be a Kliche Mini with a Tommy in a box. Individual on/off Foot switch with my order selection twist...

However, I'd like to add another footswitch on it to add gain to what ever pedal goes first. Now, I was thinking the Kliche Buffer, but I'm not sure if it generate boost also.

So the Kliche Buffer would be always first (but not always on) and then either Kliche-Tommy or Tommy-Kliche...

I think the the Kliche would have to be wired for true bypass, considering I don't want to have 2 buffers in a row...

Does that make any sense ?

If you want an op amp with a variable boost maybe something like the mxr micro amp would do the trick

If you want an op amp with a variable boost maybe something like the mxr micro amp would do the trick
The Black Tiger Boost uses a dual opamp and is pretty transparent. Looking at the schematic it looks like dialing it all the way back will give you unity gain

Well yes, but then I saw the kliche buffer is based on an opamp, and without the schematic was wonder if it give a db gain as well.
It would need a resistor in the feedback loop to set the gain. It's configured without one, so the gain is 0 (unity). There's no place on the PCB to add one, so you'd have to figure out essentially how to cut a trace and wire in a resistor. I think Buddy's suggestion of using a different boost might be a better approach (Arrows is another simple one to consider).

Last edited:
It would need a resistor in the feedback loop to set the gain. It's configured without one, so the gain is 0 (unity). There's no place on the PCB to add one, so you'd have to figure out essentially how to cut a trace and wire in a resistor. I think Buddy's suggestion of using a different boost might be a better approach (Arrows is another simple one to consider).
Got it… the crackle jack might do it, locking the value of the volume and the gain with resistors. It seems simple enough that I could probably perfboard it.

If you go that last route, it SHO won't be a neutral boost.

I'd go for the Micro Amp or Black Tiger for the least amount of colouration.

Or I'd go for turning the Kliche Buffer into a boost. Never thought of trying that before this thread — one for the breadboard, thanks @spi !

If you go that last route, it SHO won't be a neutral boost.

I'd go for the Micro Amp or Black Tiger for the least amount of colouration.

Or I'd go for turning the Kliche Buffer into a boost. Never thought of trying that before this thread — one for the breadboard, thanks @spi !
Are the schematic of the Kliche buffer anywhere ?

It would be interesting to see what would be needed...

Back