Terrarium

SYLV9ST9R

Just finished this one last night. Fairly straightforward build. I was able to load the Rhythmic delay from @sonic_explorer easily with the web-based programmer (once I found a working micro-USB cable in my junk). Can’t wait to try/program stuff this winter.
The UV print didn’t turn out as I intended, because I didn’t use a white underlay under some part that I thought would show as beige. You can see the design in the last photo I modified to show it a bit. It still looks cool with the random yellow polka dots. I also used Tayda custom drilling service and it was a perfect fit.

8AD8136E-AC41-4AAE-903A-DA14C88706DB.jpeg AEED1D55-0F74-4E0D-A8DC-AF9B52B5D201.jpeg 8998C97A-6725-42DD-AD71-BCE351C00B7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I'm very tempted to try one of these. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? There were reports of noise in another thread, so I'm curious if that's common.

Nice! I'm very tempted to try one of these. Have you had a chance to play with it yet? There were reports of noise in another thread, so I'm curious if that's common.
Yep, the reports of noise were scaring me a little, because when I read them I had not built it yet, but the code I downloaded was modified to reduce noise.
I'll have more time to play with it tonight, so I'll see then I guess. But I'm optimist that the issue will be resolved down the line, so I'm not worried, and I'm eager to develop some interesting stuff in the coming months of 2021. I tried the rhythmic delay for 5 minutes this morning, and it was quite nice.

I really love the design of the enclosure. Any chance you would share it so I could maybe order one enclosure for myself 😂 I am a little scared of using the UV printing service at Tayda with the colors on different layers etc. 😅 Really excited for my terrarium, just ordered my daisy seed with the 15% discount code.

Finished mine today. Looks absolutely awesome since SYLV9ST9R was really nice and gave me his design files. Just threw the rhythmic delay from sonic_explorer on and I am absolutely amazed! When i chain the pedal with others (using an isolated psu) i get quite a bit of noise. Totally silent though if it is the only pedal between the amp and guitar (other pedals are still connected to the same psu though).

IMG_7694.JPG 2021-02-01 23.39.13.jpg
2021-02-01 23.39.09.jpg

Finished mine today. Looks absolutely awesome since SYLV9ST9R was really nice and gave me his design files. Just threw the rhythmic delay from sonic_explorer on and I am absolutely amazed! When i chain the pedal with others (using an isolated psu) i get quite a bit of noise. Totally silent though if it is the only pedal between the amp and guitar (other pedals are still connected to the same psu though).
For me, it's pretty silent through my amp (using the rhythmic delay), put there was a crazy high pitched noise when I put it in the send return of my mixer.

Also, your USB cutout looks great, mine has more of a full DIY look.

For me, it's pretty silent through my amp (using the rhythmic delay), put there was a crazy high pitched noise when I put it in the send return of my mixer.

Also, your USB cutout looks great, mine has more of a full DIY look.
I will try out swapping some pedals, maybe its a single pedal that causes the noise.

Yeah the USB cutout turned out pretty good. Drilled out the hole and then used a small file for the rest.
Really thinking about building another one or maybe two now that the seeds are available in EU via schneiderladen.

Hey! Newbie here. Any chance you could point me in the direction of what specific parts I should buy? And did you find that case somewhere or make it yourself because I'd love a proper inclosure like that! Thanks!

Hey! Newbie here. Any chance you could point me in the direction of what specific parts I should buy? And did you find that case somewhere or make it yourself because I'd love a proper inclosure like that! Thanks!
The parts you'll need are all indicated in the BOM in the build docs here.

For the case, I had it drilled + UV printed at Tayda.
You can find the drill template here : https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/pedalpcb-terrarium-125b.10149/ and I can share my UV print file if you wish.
Another option for the UV printing is Amplifyfun.
I really think this will be one of my next projects. I’m happy to give you coding tips (it’s my day job)!
Sold both my Terrarium last year. I do regret it though, as I loved a Trem algorithm I had, but it was when I had too many pedals for my own need and I don't think I would have time to learn to code then.
I hope to start to learn coding for the norns this year, so I might take you up on that offer Gio!

The parts you'll need are all indicated in the BOM in the build docs here.

For the case, I had it drilled + UV printed at Tayda.
You can find the drill template here : https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/pedalpcb-terrarium-125b.10149/ and I can share my UV print file if you wish.
Another option for the UV printing is Amplifyfun.

Sold both my Terrarium last year. I do regret it though, as I loved a Trem algorithm I had, but it was when I had too many pedals for my own need and I don't think I would have time to learn to code then.
I hope to start to learn coding for the norns this year, so I might take you up on that offer Gio!
Happy to help! That may motivate me to finally build a Terrarium. I’ve been eyeballing it for 2 years…

That's my issue with the platform. I've been too lazy to learn to code so far but the pedal with the handful of projects I've seen so far all sound amazing. I'm a big fan of pristine sounding digital delays and the chip is crazy good at doing that sort of thing. The rythmic delay is superb. I need to match delays to a specific BPM or MS display, otherwise I'd be using this as my go-to for live.

Back