Conqueror Fuzz

niketplos

I'm really liking it. Bummed I didn't have a 1/4w 220k CC resistor so I have to use a film one as I couldn't squeeze a 1/2w one in. Also thought it looked nice with some of the gold stomp switches I had, wish I had one for the toggle.

Boxed it all up but forgot to mod the fuzz knob, so the fuzz knob works backwards. One thing I noticed was that you hardly get any distortion unless the gain is almost cranked. I'm not sure if that's because I didn't do the fix or it's just the nature of the pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_223018.jpg
    IMG_20190909_223018.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20190909_222934.jpg
    IMG_20190909_222934.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190909_223034.jpg
    IMG_20190909_223034.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20190909_222957.jpg
    IMG_20190909_222957.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 87
I'm really liking it. Bummed I didn't have a 1/4w 220k CC resistor so I have to use a film one as I couldn't squeeze a 1/2w one in. Also thought it looked nice with some of the gold stomp switches I had, wish I had one for the toggle.

Boxed it all up but forgot to mod the fuzz knob, so the fuzz knob works backwards. One thing I noticed was that you hardly get any distortion unless the gain is almost cranked. I'm not sure if that's because I didn't do the fix or it's just the nature of the pedal.
Nice!!!
You can still do the gain mod... on my second one I forgot to do it and did it after the pedal was finished... as far as the sweep I A B’ed with the original and it’s exactly the same...

Nice!!!
You can still do the gain mod... on my second one I forgot to do it and did it after the pedal was finished... as far as the sweep I A B’ed with the original and it’s exactly the same...
Thanks!

I mean if its the same but only reversed, i'll probably just keep it that way. Thinking of building one with a different inductor like you did and maybe use some different transistor.

Thanks!

I mean if its the same but only reversed, i'll probably just keep it that way. Thinking of building one with a different inductor like you did and maybe use some different transistor.
Yeah what kinda transistors you thinking ??

Looking good! Nice clean build. That gold stomp switch is posh!

If you're gonna try swapping transistors, try it with Q7 removed and see what you think of the sound.

What's the deal with the CC resistors?

Looking good! Nice clean build. That gold stomp switch is posh!

If you're gonna try swapping transistors, try it with Q7 removed and see what you think of the sound.

What's the deal with the CC resistors?
Thanks! When I get another board i'll try that, going to socket all the transistors

The original pedal has them (though not throughout the pedal), but just for looks. I love the way CC resistors look and thought it would look fitting for a pedal that's replicating a vox conqueror.

Just on the first set of boards the gain is like an attenuator... there’s a mod to make it go clockwise... if you haven’t ordered a board yet you don’t have to worry about it

I ordered this board about a month ago and it's sitting waiting. Is there some way to tell visually if I have the old or new?

Back