Fender Deville Mods List

Travis

Hi eveyone!!

I mod few blues Jr and repair some Hot Rods, I know How to work with guitar amps.

I just wanna ask if someone can help getting the PDF or wich caps fromel uses on his website.

This is the website: https://fromelelectronics.com/products/hrdv-mods

Also If someone know How the global máster volumen works and If I can remove drive knob and Drive switch wich another and more usable switch or knob.

Thanks you all guys for your time and knowlegde.

I'm not 100% on whether I still have them but I've done them for a customer and if we're being honest, it is a mod for mod's sake ... no real improvement where you're like "oh well you've GOT to do this"

I'm not 100% on whether I still have them but I've done them for a customer and if we're being honest, it is a mod for mod's sake ... no real improvement where you're like "oh well you've GOT to do this"
Could you try to found It? Thanks :)

I don't care to help this knob ... edited

For anyone else reading this in the future ... you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. You might make the blues/hot rod series of amps sound less like they do but you aren't going to make one a classic Fender amp. If this were just my opinion then other threads about all these mods on just about any worthy forum wouldn't read the same.

Last edited:
I thought master volume mod from fromel was more transparent than the fx loop method

I foun this on the web.

Replace Jacks
  • Switchcraft Jack
  • Switchcraft Insulating Shoulder Washer
  • Switchcraft Insulating Outer Washer
Replace Plate Load Resistors
  • R4 100k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • R11 100k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • R16 100k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • R22 100k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • R57 82k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • R58 100k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
Replace Bias Resistors
  • R61 470r 2 watt 5% metal oxide power
  • R62 470r 2 watt 5% metal oxide power
Replace 5 watt 470 ohm Resistors
  • R78 470r 5 watt 5% wire wound
  • R79 470r 5 watt 5% wire wound
Replace Screen Resistors
  • R61 1k 5 watt 5% wire wound
  • R62 1k 5 watt 5% wire wound
Replace Filter Caps
  • C31 47uf 500 volt axial
  • C32 47uf 500 volt axial
  • C33 22uf 500 volt axial
  • C35 22uf 500 volt axial
  • C36 22uf 500 volt axial

Tone Mods
  • C5 .1 uf Mallory 150 650 volt 10%
  • C6 .022 uf Mallory 150 650 volt 10%
  • C7 250pf Silver Mica 500v 5%
  • R12 56k 1/2 watt 5% Carbon Comp
  • C24 change it from .022uf to a .01uf 400v capacitor
  • C1 change it to a 22uf or 25uf capacitor
  • R5 change to an 820 ohm resistor
  • C11 clip or remove
  • R12 change to a 100k resistor
  • C6 change to a .047uf capacitor
  • R105 clip or remove
  • C5 change it from .1uf to .022uf
  • C7 change from 250pf to 500pf

20151219_140359.jpg

More information about twist the cables!!

For the most part, mods on an amp rarely make the amp sound better. Different, yes, but rarely better. The established amp companies have tried just about every possible combination to get the best sound out of an amp. Just about every amp that has come out after 1980 is just a rehash of something prior. Stick to the classics, you can't get much better... Spend money on lessons.
As for your Fender, gut the amp and build a classic design into the cab/chassis. Forget the master volume, they make amps sound worse.
Happy building!

I don't care to help this knob ... edited

For anyone else reading this in the future ... you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. You might make the blues/hot rod series of amps sound less like they do but you aren't going to make one a classic Fender amp. If this were just my opinion then other threads about all these mods on just about any worthy forum wouldn't read the same.

I think you just want to give an opinion with your best intention and I appreciate that with your knowledge you let me know that it is not worth to mod it.

Anyway, for those of us who can't afford the amp we want, it's fun to try these mods to get closer to big ones and learn about how a circuit works.

I know this hoarder type with a house full of shitty amps (shopahol is an addictive drug) that he wanted modded to sound better and, for a while, I did the work including the amp in question ... eventually I told him to stop bringing me this stuff, get over the cost of it, and buy a silverface twin reverb ... I don't know whether he took my advice or not because he quit reaching out to me for work ... which is fine because if I had to watch another Uncle Doug or Brad the Guitologist video of some shitbox amp from the 60s I was going to claw my eyes out and puncture my eardrums for good measure

I know this hoarder type with a house full of shitty amps (shopahol is an addictive drug) that he wanted modded to sound better and, for a while, I did the work including the amp in question ... eventually I told him to stop bringing me this stuff, get over the cost of it, and buy a silverface twin reverb ... I don't know whether he took my advice or not because he quit reaching out to me for work ... which is fine because if I had to watch another Uncle Doug or Brad the Guitologist video of some shitbox amp from the 60s I was going to claw my eyes out and puncture my eardrums for good measure
I´m saving money to build one fender blackface amp.

I know this amps is not very good but I used it for years and I enjoy it moding while saving for the next one!

Hi eveyone!!

I mod few blues Jr and repair some Hot Rods, I know How to work with guitar amps.

I just wanna ask if someone can help getting the PDF or wich caps fromel uses on his website.

This is the website: https://fromelelectronics.com/products/hrdv-mods

Also If someone know How the global máster volumen works and If I can remove drive knob and Drive switch wich another and more usable switch or knob.

Thanks you all guys for your time and knowlegde.
Travis not sure if you ever found the files you needed, but i have done all the mods one can imagine on my HRD and DeVille over the years. I used the fromel values but sourced the part myself to save time / money. I found a link to someone who basically takes the guide pdf and does it like an ifixit article which i will link

As far as the master volume / feedback loop mod I can say its only really useful for specific things and may not be worth your time. But by all means replace those caps and fix the ceramic 470r resistors they will cook your board over time. Mods id recommend for the life of the amp moreso than the sound is replace the tube board as well.

Probably the best advice for these amps is to be found on the Psionic Audio videos on Youtube. Not so much how to make them sound better, but how to make them last longer. Best improvement you can make soundwise for most amps is a better speaker.

Back