Recent content by giovanni

  1. giovanni

    What is in the signal path?

    RG Keen strikes again! Based on that I would never use CC in a pedal. The signal level is way too low to get the “sweetening” resistor distortion so you get no benefit and all the downsides (temperature drift, short life etc). And of course if the pedal is not an overdrive or a fuzz you don’t...
  2. giovanni

    Spanner Wrench?

    Thank you all! I think I’ll McGyver it for now, pliers with tape and whatnot. Lots of good solutions on this thread!
  3. giovanni

    Spanner Wrench?

    What is this thing called?
  4. giovanni

    Spanner Wrench?

    The guitar came with it! I don’t have that kind of money either! 🤣
  5. giovanni

    Spanner Wrench?

    How do you guys tighten/loosen these things with those wrenches or with the rocket sockets?
  6. giovanni

    What's on the workbench?

    I’m a maximalist
  7. giovanni

    Spanner Wrench?

    Does anybody use one of these for guitar switches? I used pliers once and scratched my pick guard 😡.
  8. giovanni

    What's on the workbench?

    Is it gonna fit in a 125B?!?
  9. giovanni

    King Tone Guitar Switch

    We build to build. Because we gotta keep building. And then build some more. What’s tones?
  10. giovanni

    A Blast from the Past - Custom Flanger

    The flanger looks much better than some professional builds I have seen from that period! Looks beautiful! Does it still work fine? Care to demo it? Cool stuff.
  11. giovanni

    Vintage Cry-Baby

    Immune to reverse voltage how? Did you measure the resistors in circuit or did you take them out to measure?
  12. giovanni

    Random Comments

    Love this term. The good thing is that it’s a bit easier to find the small craftsman in the real world. It’s almost impossible to find alternatives to the big tech companies online.
  13. giovanni

    OD/Fuzz Suggestions

    Maybe you already have one, but the Sandspur may do what you want. I haven’t built the Sunflower but I’d check that out too.
  14. giovanni

    Aion FX Quadratron Twin Phaser (Lovetone Doppelganger)

    Have you tried moving the LEDs farther from the LDRs? I wonder if the LED is saturating the LDR causing what you’re hearing?
Back
Top