Recent content by Plaidesaurus

  1. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Robert, the first Raincoat with the jumper and resistor change is still working. I tried the jumper on the other Raincoat that wasn't working but no luck. LED does light up though. Have you had a chance to look at a board from your bin? At this point that second board has wires coming off left...
  2. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    If that is all it takes to fix it that's no problem. But I'll wait to hear from you before messing with the other I was building at the same time.
  3. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Moved the jumper over and we're working. But, should I put the resistors back to the way they were?
  4. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Yes, I'll send one. What's a good address?
  5. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Ok, so if I moved the jumper over I should hopefully be in business? I'll do that first and then address this resistor thing he's come up with. Thx
  6. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Well... just reboxed it and no sound when engaged. LED lights up and and I've got a clean sound when pedal not engaged. So, I built 2 of these at the same time and both have the same scenario. Robert, please advise. Thx
  7. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    So, here's the jumper. His text says "I have an output signal on the collector of Q2 but nothing on the base of Q3." So, looks like he jumped Q3 to C6. All parts checked out fine individually btw. And he switched R17 and R18. Said he broke the 12k while removing so he put in that larger resistor...
  8. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Will send pics when I pick it today. This is way above my pay grade. Thanks for getting back.
  9. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Ok thx
  10. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Not sure at this point. Will have the pedal back tomorrow and follow up.
  11. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Finally threw up a white flag and called an old retired electrical engineer who can fix anything. Told me he had nothing else to do today and to bring one of the Raincoats over. Just texted and said he's got it working now but it really threw him for awhile. He said he had to run a jumper from...
  12. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    I have an output signal on Q2 but nothing on Q3. Going to replace C6, wondering if it's bad. Will get to it this afternoon. Any other possibilities stick out to anyone? Thx
  13. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Sounds good. I've got used to desoldering at this point. And the ground on the probe goes to the ground of the input jack?
  14. Plaidesaurus

    Raincoat No signal LED works

    Ok, got an audio probe working. I've got a signal all the way up to Q2. No signal on Q3 so it seems safe to say it's somewhere in between. I'm testing it while it's in box. Dumb question: I guess I need to check it now outside the box so I can get to the box cap connections, correct? One other...
Back
Top