Objection! Sustained

jwyles90

Just finished up this General Tso compressor build yesterday! I've never really used compressors before, so I figured I'd build one first before buying one to see if I even like it as an effect. I don't have a ton to really compare it to but as far as I can tell it's working and sounds really nice, especially on my strat. The balance switch is a cool feature too, I'm always a fan of having the option to blend your signal so that's a pretty nifty option.

Build wise this went pretty smoothly for the most part. I realized after I had put all my caps in though that I accidentally put in 3.3nf box caps instead of 33nf, so that was a huuuuuge pain in the ass to desolder. I thought for sure I had damaged the board somehow but everything sounds great! If nothing else it was a helpful reminder to triple check the values before putting everything in.
IMG-5886.jpg IMG-5887.jpg

To me, it has that coastal vibe :cool: Great build!

You’ve probably already done this, but experimenting by pairing with different effects should clarify things. ;)
Oh yea definitely. Playing this with chorus after it is pretty sweet

I love the paint job!

When I studied graphic design I was fascinated by the colour palettes that designers would use in different countries. Here in Australia we tend to use some pretty strong colours - warm colours are really warm and cool colours are frigid. When we had a new lecturer from the UK come to show his folio I was really struck by his "English" colour palette. The colours were all muted by comparison and the reds were generally cooler than we would use here. If you didn't know where he was from you could almost guess UK because of the colours. Because of his colour choices his packaging designs would have looked very out of place in Australia.

I don't know where your girlfriend is from but the colours are very sympathetic to each other.

I love the paint job!

When I studied graphic design I was fascinated by the colour palettes that designers would use in different countries. Here in Australia we tend to use some pretty strong colours - warm colours are really warm and cool colours are frigid. When we had a new lecturer from the UK come to show his folio I was really struck by his "English" colour palette. The colours were all muted by comparison and the reds were generally cooler than we would use here. If you didn't know where he was from you could almost guess UK because of the colours. Because of his colour choices his packaging designs would have looked very out of place in Australia.

I don't know where your girlfriend is from but the colours are very sympathetic to each other.
Oh man, I love that! I never even thought about the ways in which geography and where people come from could impact their color palettes. Super interesting idea.
We're both from California, although she's from Los Angeles specifically. I think that southern California color palette really shows in this one.

Oh man, I love that! I never even thought about the ways in which geography and where people come from could impact their color palettes. Super interesting idea.
We're both from California, although she's from Los Angeles specifically. I think that southern California color palette really shows in this one.
Necro post, but my job used to involve color mixing and painting test swatches for companies. One of the largest jobs we did was for Oral B, back when they first began co-molding their tooth brush handles. (So for these market research testers, the handles were all white plastic, with different colored Saniprene (the squishy plastic). We made several thousand boards, each with a palette of colors on it—but with different palettes for North America, Asia, Western Europe, South America, and Australia/New Zealand. I mean, they all had a red, blue, green, yellow, orange and grey, but in each palette it was a different variation. Asia was very bright (almost neon colors), and Europe was the most grey. North America was the closest to primary and secondary colors. It was very interesting, but a bear to mask and paint that many toothbrushes.

I like that strip design quite a bit too!

Back