VHS

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I actually finished this one this past weekend but waiting until now as to not steal any thunder from @chris.knudson

This pedal is very very cool. Looks like it's been around from PPCB for bit. But still a great sounding digital reverb and chorus and a cool boost. All together they sound pretty damn cool. Mix a little dirt in there and you've got a party.

I had a lot of fun playing with this one and I highly recommend it. I chickened out and got the FV-1 pre-soldered.

I accidentally left the IC chips in when cleaning the board with ISO alcohol which is why they turned a little dull in color. Everything still sounds fine but hope it doesn't have an effect on the pedal's longevity.

I had fun making the graphics and I think they came out pretty good. It's no UV print but I'm happy with it. Great PCB layout too. Very happy with this one.

Attachments

• 20240325_221632.jpg
    20240325_221632.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240325_221642.jpg
    20240325_221642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20240325_221622.jpg
    20240325_221622.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 34
I actually finished this one this past weekend but waiting until now as to not steal any thunder from @chris.knudson

This pedal is very very cool. Looks like it's been around from PPCB for bit. But still a great sounding digital reverb and chorus and a cool boost. All together they sound pretty damn cool. Mix a little dirt in there and you've got a party.

I had a lot of fun playing with this one and I highly recommend it. I chickened out and got the FV-1 pre-soldered.

I accidentally left the IC chips in when cleaning the board with ISO alcohol which is why they turned a little dull in color. Everything still sounds fine but hope it doesn't have an effect on the pedal's longevity.

I had fun making the graphics and I think they came out pretty good. It's no UV print but I'm happy with it. Great PCB layout too. Very happy with this one.
At $20/ea, there’s no shame in getting the pre-soldered!
Nice build! May have to do one myself now, as I can see it as a fairly useful pedal!

Nice build! Your graphics look great, and I totally agree with your assessment of how much fun this pedal is. I got mine with the FV1 pre-soldered too. As @Giorfida said, at $20 I'd rather not screw that one up.

Oh and great job on the spelling too!
Yea, I have like 5 FV1 boards in my queue here, and I took the risk of soldering my own. Talk about learning how to swim by jumping into the deep end! I question every day if I should have sprung for the presoldered option!

Looks GREAT!
Very period-correct graphics.

Most of my FV-1 boards I ordered pre-soldered, but the FV-1 chips were out of stock when I ordered this board.

Back