(DEFX) LOW BLOW (Katanasound Super Bass Fuzz)

Fuzzonaut

This is a very cool bass fuzz, that somehow has it's own thing going on, combining "a bit of Superfuzz, with a bit of Green Ringer, providing extra spicy top end to a fuzzrocious fuzz", as Deadend says.

I matched diodes (D4/D5) and transistors (Q4/Q5) and the octave on the footswitch is very strong.
As for transistors, I have 2x 2SK30A and 5x 2N2222A in there. GE diodes are D9E (D4/5) and D311 (D6/7).

Business as usual regarding pcb layout vs boxing up the thing.

And some "japan/sword" themed graphics, because Katana.

katana.jpeg katana-g.jpeg

IN FUZZ WE TRUST!

xKE87KrZwfRao.webp

Another quality DEFX layout, placing the large cap directly under the jack.
The pcb is for side mounted jacks. To be fair also with side mounted jacks there is another cap in the way if the jacks are mounted centered on the side. Top mouinted is no problem when the jacks are moved further to the corners with th elugs pointing up and down.

Lovely!
Another quality DEFX layout, placing the large cap directly under the jack. 🤦‍♂️
Is the dry though a full dry signal or filtered/low end only?
I'd say the dry is full signal.

The pcb is for side mounted jacks. To be fair also with side mounted jacks there is another cap in the way if the jacks are mounted centered on the side. Top mouinted is no problem when the jacks are moved further to the corners with th elugs pointing up and down.
I don't think the pcb is for side mounted jacks as the DEFX validation build has top mounted jacks.
Lugs up/down with Lumberg jacks is only possible when using 2PDT footswitches.
I'd recommend to use a BB2.

Back