100-DP6-T200B1M1QE DPDT on on on (Type 2) sub or modification.

Forjo

Pedal I'm building specs in a dpdt on/on/on (Type 2) switch (100-DP6-T200B1M1QE). To order this Taiway switch, I would have to pay $17.25 in shipping from Ilovemyswitch (I'm in Thailand)! Is there a substitute or is it possible to modify a dpdt on/on/on (Type 1)? Thanks in advance!

Yes it is possible.

Been a while since I've done it, but you open the switch up (carefully, of course) and then there's a small metal tab that you flip around... reassemble...

According to the datasheet it's a type 1. I'll order one and try it out. I buy 90% of my parts from Tayda.

The Tayda switch I received was a type 1. Unfortunately, opening up the switch and reversing the posts didn't work either.

world-plug-type-map.jpg

bicycle_parts_bottom_bracket_parts.jpg

3daabfe9fd74f4a4c56d511983449d07.jpg

Yes, too much confusion; there is good reason for agreed upon standards, but ...
If only there were fewer standards — electrical plugs , bike BBs, computer connections etc — the number of "standards" in the world drives me nuts. The diagrams above don't even show all the standards that exist, just the common ones...
Hmmm good name for a pedal: "Standard General" for a generic OD or ...

In post #2, the switch in the diagram seems numbered backwards to what I usually see, which doesn't matter too much 'cause if you rotate the switch 180 the lugs will be in the "correct" numbered positions (looking at the lugs on the bottom of the switch):

1 4
2 5
3 6

However, if somebody doesn't pay attention to the diagram and then thinks of upper left corner when told to connect blah-blah to lug "#1", when in fact connecting blah-blah to lug "#1" is based on that datasheet's backwards diagram...

Every on-on-on switch I've ordered from Tayda is a DPDT Type 1, including the type 2 ordered from Tayda — when the type 2 arrived it turned out to be a type 1:

A-1840.JPG

Cracking it open to mod it, if you simply spin the internals of your on-on-on switch 180º, you still have a type 1:
on-on-on Type 1 A-1840 180 spin.jpeg

As mentioned in my first post, somebody told me how to do it and so I pulled apart a type 1 switch and flipped the little internal jumper-kajigger:

on-on-on Type 2 A-1840 [type 1 flipped].jpeg

Boom, type 2 at last with lugs 2&3 and 4&5 connected.

Reassembled it a number of times until the switch's internal bits were aligned inside for smooth operation and it worked as it should.

Fingers crossed for your Musikding switch!

I opened up a switch an flipped the tab but that didn't work. I believe the switch I used had an off center balance post as the one side of tab was mirror of other side.

Back