1590A Fuzz Builds (Fuzzdog One Knob & Sheepylove Chrysomallos)

It is the below footswitch with a black Carling dress nut - the soft click on these is pretty similar to the feel of the Gorvas:

I like the Gorvas a lot too but they don't have a black option at this point. And thanks for the kind words - it's actually the stock Gorva white powder coat just photographed in some blue-ish lighting although I love the idea of baby blue with those knobs.

To get back to OP, the Acapulco Gold, Orange Squeezer, and Phase 45 might be some good one-knobbers to squeeze into a 1590A. A Phase 45 might be a little tricky but I bet it's doable.

Thanks, I will buy some of these switches in my next haul from you guys!

I don't have the patience for a 1590a, so my hats off to any of you that cram circuits in them. I think I started to build a 1590a mosfet booster once, but I messed up drilling and things were colliding inside before I even tried to fit the vero board in.

@geoffrey - Did your full 1-knob Fuzz Dog kit come with that pot? The pics on their site show one that sits perpendicular to the board, not parallel like yours - just curious!

@geoffrey - Did your full 1-knob Fuzz Dog kit come with that pot? The pics on their site show one that sits perpendicular to the board, not parallel like yours - just curious!
Yes, the kit came with the pot, but it came with a typical, right angle PCB mount pot (not like the one pictured).

It looks like the one used in the pic has straight terminals, which the board is small enough where that would work too.

Yes, the kit came with the pot, but it came with a typical, right angle PCB mount pot (not like the one pictured).

It looks like the one used in the pic has straight terminals, which the board is small enough where that would work too.
Gotcha, good to know Geoffrey - thanks!

Back