18V on Gravitation and Spirit Box?

iamjackslackof

Hi all,

I've been trying all my drive pedals at 18V recently, and so far it has always improved the sound. I'm about to build a couple new reverbs, the Gravitation and Spirit Box, and I'm curious if I can run them at 18V, providing I use proper caps, which I always do anyway. Does there tend to be any improvement, more headroom, etc with time-based or modulation pedals? I'm no sure I've seen it done with these types of pedals, so I thought I'd consult the brain trust lol.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have an already-built Sproing, can I run it at 18V too?

The Belton bricks and PT2399 are all running on regulated 5V supplies.

I don't think you'll gain much by running the remaining circuitry above 9V since the core of the circuits won't benefit from any additional headroom.

The Belton bricks and PT2399 are all running on regulated 5V supplies.

I don't think you'll gain much by running the remaining circuitry above 9V since the core of the circuits won't benefit from any additional headroom.
Thanks @Robert. That's the kind of reply I was hoping for. I don't know enough to look at a circuit and determine if the extra voltage will help or matter, or in some cases hurt. I know most drives tend to be fine/sound better, but I hear less about other types of effects, which probably means there's generally no benefit or people would mention it.

I might just try it on my Sproing to see for myself, but I don't want to let the magic smoke out, would that be likely at 18V?

Back