3 in 1 Combo Pedal- My modern gain drives - Glory Hole (Morning Glory), Informant OD (1981 DRV), Lead Solder (SLO100)

Rixroxx

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Just want to share this satisfying project. If you want to hear sample videos of the Lead solder OD, visit the DIY Guitar pedal page.

Finally, this will be my main gain pedal for my worship rig. It will definitely replaces all my existing single gain pedals on my pedal board. Of the three, my favorite is the Lead Solder. It is not because it is a high gain pedal but because for such a long time I've been chasing the tone of early ace session players like Lukather, Huff, Landau. It works great with chorus without sounding boomy. The Lead Solder has that 80s sound.:D Only now I understand why lukather has that spanky dirt sound even with chorus, reverb, etc.

One of my favorite pedals that I used a lot is the Ultisol Drive (Dawner Prince Red Rox). It will always have a spot on my ear but sad to say it will be on the closet soon.

I've been trying to streamlined my set up and thought of building this time a small pedal board. All I can say is "wow." All three sound great!
All of these gain pedals are dynamically rich and can sound great when use in combo (turning them all could be possible but you have to adjust your gain of each circuit otherwise it is noisy). Noise is tolerable when I combo the lead solder either with Glory Hole or the Informant OD.

As for those who say about the oscillation of Lead solder effect. Yeah I encountered it also when the board was still not on the aluminum casing. But the moment it is encased, i didn't hear the oscillation not until the gain is about on 7 onwards. But I knew the pots of my Fender strat are wear off already. So I tested the SLO100 on my China copy Les Paul, "viola" no oscillation even at maximum gain.

So therefore, if you experienced oscillation with SLO, if you are confident of your soldering skill, make sure it is not on plastic casing. 2nd, make sure your guitar pots is working good. 3rd, I followed the recommendation to isolate the input/output wire not hovering over those caps so I taped it on the side of the inner casing.

1716691217169.jpg

View attachment 75761

1716691217173.jpg

1716692215124.jpg

Last edited:
Back