3D printed pedal badges

Danbieranowski

Hey all, just thought I’d share this. A buddy has a 3D printer so we tried this out. They print in flat Grey. I spray painted them black then put a little white Stazon ink on a piece of paper and just dabbed them face down into the ink. Turned out pretty cool! There’s a little post on the back so I can drill a hole for them in the pedal and set them in with a little epoxy. If you’re looking for a low cost interesting way to brand your pedals give this a shot!
52FD984C-ECDE-4A0A-9B8B-31DFDFBF6986.jpeg

95F4D0A4-09B2-404E-B9DD-061B7A517660.jpeg

A5AA0938-E8BA-415C-8E29-DFBDDE13F625.jpeg

Probably not the vibe you’re going for, but if you could make these in a clear or colored mildly see through plastic, these would make great led indicators.
That’s a great idea. The guy who is printing them only has grey at the moment but it’s definitely worth pursuing.

You could also try painting them black then dry-brushing a metallic paint over the to - similar effect to what you have already but metallic. And carrying on from Elktronics idea you could even make these badges as LED bezels. So many possibilities! Skulls with LEDs as eyes is the first thing which comes to mind but I'm sure you can do better. :)

Nice maybe keeping with your creepy theme you should get him to do skeleton hands you could attach to the side coming out of the box or a skull DC jack?

Or a.......I've took this too far haven't I?

Never! I've seen pedals which look like turds and they don't bother me. The only pedals I ever took a dislike to aesthetically were those meant to look like landmines. I have a very broad sense of humour and don't take offence at much but found landmine pedals in incredibly poor taste. Skulls? Skeletons? Turds? Bring 'em on!

Back