3PDT Charge Pump Board Connections

Stratman66

Am I missing where there are details about the connections to this PCB? I could always ring it out, but if there are soime build instructions or a schematic on the site that coud have more benefit then me just figuring out how to make the connections. Thanks.

I contacted PedalPCB through the contact link on the web page, Mr. PedalPCB sent me a copy of the schematic pretty quick. Not sure were is right now, might be quicker to hit him up.

I remember how it goes after looking at it. You have your input and output jacks in top corners, with GND on inside. On left above TC1044 is were your 9Vin connects. The 4 in middle go to board, The + - on right side go to switch if you want to install, to switch between +9 and +18. If you want straight power, on bottom left you have +18, +9 and -9, wire straight to these if you don't want to have switch, the ground for these is above witch switch connections.

Thanks. I think I got that except the last part. Were you saying that if you don't use a switch to just hardwire the switch connections one way or the other?

Thanks. I think I got that except the last part. Were you saying that if you don't use a switch to just hardwire the switch connections one way or the other?
Cool, what are you using this on, it might make it easier to help out, I used it on PNP germanium fuzz face, which is different from other things

Nothing yet, but plan to try it out on a pedal that uses +/- 9v. I don't think I have any pedals using 18v (just some rack units already covered) I just wanted to have the information since sometimes it gives you ideas. How do you like your Fuzz Face? I've never played through one of those, but I had a Univox Super Fuzz from 1974 until 2 years ago.

(I have a couple of Craig Anderton projects that I might want to update to use a 9v input only so that they could go on my board if I wished.)

I need to get a basic build doc posted for this....

If you use the voltage selector switch you will connect your PCB to the -/+ pads on the top right of the board. The voltage here depends on the switch setting.

If you don't want to use the voltage selector switch just connect your PCB to the corresponding pad in the area labeled "FIXED". You can still use the - ground pad from top of the board.

There's no need to jumper the switch, just omit it. The FIXED voltages are always there regardless of the switch setting.

Charge.jpg

Thank you. That's pretty much what Chas Grant said. I'll probably try this out on one of my older +/-9v projects in the next couple of months.

Nothing yet, but plan to try it out on a pedal that uses +/- 9v. I don't think I have any pedals using 18v (just some rack units already covered) I just wanted to have the information since sometimes it gives you ideas. How do you like your Fuzz Face? I've never played through one of those, but I had a Univox Super Fuzz from 1974 until 2 years ago.
I love the the Fuzz Face, I have built both germanium and silicon versions. The germanium is my favorite of the two. Once you learn to tweak it and the controls on your guitar its very versatile. I have a NPN Germanium built, just haven't gotten around to boxing it up. I really need to.

Back