DEMO A cannibal defends himself in court

This post contains an audio or video demo
Cannibal: If I am what I eat, then I am an innocent man!

A couple weeks back, I asked if it violates the DIY ethic to cannibalize a commercial pedal for a build. The overwhelming majority condoned cannibalization. That thread took an interesting turn into human cannibalization am then to human branding.

What have we here? Four arachnids (Paul, you did that before) and two Rowin dual loopers (I'm listening).

Originally my plan called for using two Parasit Studio Subspace Transmissions for the looper. The problem there is the circuit incorporates the use of fuzz comparators to boost the signal and hide lofi artifacts from the ISD1820 chip. With the help of @DGWVI I was able to bypass the fuzz. The sound was good but the signal low and unusable. I plan to revisit the circuit and change the comparators into boosts.

After obtaining the blessings of the forum, I picked up a Rowin Dual Looper. The price was right and it can alter speed/pitch and play loops backwards! After getting one I found my enclosure could fit two, so bonus!

Using a Buff n' Blend, this pedal has two parallel paths. Each path is as follows

1. Arachnid to
2. Left channel input of looper
3. Left channel output of looper to
4. Second Arachnid to
5. Right channel input of looper

Both right channel outputs of the looper feed into the return pad of the Buff n' Blend. Why do this? Well, for one, it's two arachnids stacked but the left loop always gets modulated by the second Arachnid. Suffice to say, things get out of hand, real quick.

Because of all the cannibal jokes and looping, the name Ouroboros was a no brainer. As much as I want to do humorous graphics, simple labels were needed. I was able to find some Ouroborus jewelry to adorn the enclosure.

I elected not to remove components from the looper because the high melting point of the lead free solder used. Removal would have greatly increased the chances I destroyed the board. The annoying part is I needed to insert plugs into the jacks to separate the rings and tips.

View attachment 52678

View attachment 52679

View attachment 52680

View attachment 52681
we really need a 🤯 react button

This puts the "AMAZER" in "BALLZ" with some "BONKER" thrown in for good measure.

TOTAL AMAZERBONKERBALLZ!

So did you celebrate the build with fava beans and the Chianti of the movie, or the novel's more appropriate and accurate Amarone?

Will this thing silence Sheepy Love?

Back