ABY A/B/Y Switch Y Splitter / Radial BigShot, i have so many questions...

Abyssmal

Hello!
I searched on google, forums and facebook today to find a schematic or anything that would come close to the Radial BigShot ABY pedal.
I'm not sure why there is almost no one offering this kind of pedal as a PCB for DIY.
Maybe because considering the cost of transformers + enclosure + hardware parts etc comes close to the cost of a Radial BigShot brand new?

Anyway i create this thread to ask if anyone has a schematic of it.
With phase flip, ground lift, transformer activated or not, like the radial pedal.
With leds...
I opened my radial aby today, i posted pictures below, if anyone wants to check it out, or help tracing it for diy.
It's passive, power is only for the LED's.

All schematics i find are buffered with opamps, or need another IC to power +9 and -9v to the circuit and most don't have the phase flip, transformer activated or not, or ground lift switches at all. Then there's also many broken links that does not work for geofex, even if i found the schem images elsewhere, it's still incomplete and i'm not even sure if it works properly, i saw some schem saying out B works only if out A has a jack connected to it.

The closest one i found is on this thread:
The last reply someone posted schematic with added switches, but the last reply was 2 years ago...
I attached the schem from Klhnikov last post

Also about the transformer... I see this one being used often : 42TM018
But it's specified frequency range : 300 Hz to 3.4 kHz
Sure that's what is guaranteed by the manufactuer but... it's a little short on both ends.
I saw this one: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/triad-magnetics/TY-141P/242640
Which is 200Hz ~ 15kHz, thats a lot better i think?
Both are 10k impedance and very similar specs, if i'm not mistaken... someone could confirm i would be better using TY-141P instead of 42TM018 ?

The radial aby use this one:
It doesnt specify a lot of specs, i can't see the freq range...
I love that it does not need power other than for the LED's, it's very simple probably and it solved my ground loop or hum everytime, better than other fancy 200-300 aby looper pedals which i wont say the name...

I mean there is so much clones of popular pedals out there, why no one clones the radial bigshot aby?
I can probe and test the one i have if someone wants to help draw the schematic with me.
I honestly don't want to mass produce this, i just need a couple for my studio and i love to diy.

Thanks !

Attachments

• PXL_20240907_204102195.jpg
    PXL_20240907_204102195.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20240907_204112750.jpg
    PXL_20240907_204112750.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1725761656557.png
    1725761656557.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 3
Back