Add resistor to Mooer Wahter wah pedal for Fuzz

Jarninho

Hello,

I am looking to install a 22k resistor in my Mooer Wahter pedal. This to make my Fuzz work. It's a heck of a lot easier to install it in my Fuzz, but I don't want to :) I Hopefully you can help me out. I am a mechanical engineer, I can make some sense of handwires stuff, but this is too much. It's definitely an interesting pedal. To my surprise it doesn't have a pot, but I am not sure what it uses to find the pedal position. The pedal is activated by just standing on it. The black pads are actually pressure sensitive switches. It's actually an awesome pedal, sounds really good and since you can just stamp on it in any position to activate it you can create some cool effects.

The pedal is true bypass, I want to install the resistor in such a way that the pedal stays true bypass, so the resistor needs to come at the end of the wah circuit. I have no idea where to install it. I have basic tools and a bit of soldering skills.

This is the pedal:
viK0y2z.jpeg

This is what you get after removing the bottom of the enclosure:
MxkQTSt.jpeg

Here the first print is removed and flipped over, and the 2nd print is visible. You can also see a white sticker in the enclosure. That is linked to the pedal and moves. Somehow that must be involved in registering the pedal's position. Also visible are the 'wires' going to the pressure pads. I think the 2nd print is mainly for the pressure pads system, but not sure:
ysMJxhn.jpeg

More details of the 1st print:
CfLgRG7.jpeg

bBCiU3g.jpeg

2nd print details:
TONAF3P.jpeg

pbL7TiH.jpeg

And the empty pedal:
z6Pb5xB.jpeg

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a multimeter so can do some measurements.
Thanks in advance.

Back