ADHD (previous Gen)

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Quick n dirty build of this one. After recent discussions about mosfet clipping, melted caps and the magic that is Michael Fuller, I decided to build something in the style of an Oh See Dee. I’ve owned v1.4, v1.7, v2 and even a Ge. Never gelled with any of ‘em. Why, Rico? Why did you forsake me? Tear.

Anyway, I had all the necessary parts on hand. This one ain’t much to look at, but WOWZA! This damn pedal sounds so … good? Loads of gain. Crunchy. Sounds like rock n roll to me! I built it using the parts list in the older v2 build docs. No magic. No mojo parts. Finished enclosure will happen someday. 🤞

I enthusiastically recommend this one.

FE68DD43-B8D2-426A-8700-9EFB4B7341E7.jpeg B192DC6D-6FA0-427E-8016-94AADC559285.jpeg

I've owned the OCD twice as well, last one was the "Oh looky we found a bunch of v1.4's in the warehouse" version.
None of them stayed long and have long since sold off. I'm not exactly sure why either, I kinda like the sound.

Now I'm tempted to build the ADHD....

I've played a few OCDs and was always underwhelmed. It sounded too dark to me. I built the older version of the ADHD for a friend a while back and thought it sounded way better than any originals I played. I know there are tons of revisions of the pedal so maybe this is a clone of an improved version?

I also built the PCBGM version to one of the early version specs and it sounded every bit as underwhelming as I remembered the originals to be. I was going to swap out a few parts to the newer specs to see if it sounded better but I'm not sure it's worth the effort on a PCBGM board. They've been hit or miss for me.

Back